Six Years and Counting

This past Saturday, Jen and I celebrated six years of marriage.

Over the last 2,190 days God has blessed us with many things and countless experiences. We’ve done a lot in a short amount of time.

We have laughed til we’ve cried.
We have ran a marathon together.
We’ve prayed for a miracle.
We’ve had a Lord of the Rings all-day marathon.
We have pinched pennies.
We have overspent.
We were nearly eaten by a shark.
We have three beautiful daughters.

In the end, these things are great–blessings, in fact. What I cherish more, however, is how much I love her more each day.

Jen,
I love you.
I can’t wait for what’s in store for us and our family.
Love,
Dustin

Have you every had an all-day movie marathon? If so, what did you watch?

• Does having an all-day TV show marathon count? In which case I’ve had marathons of; Gilmore girls; Charmed; Buffy and some others. It’s like themed days. Fun. :)

May 31, 2011

Yes! It was Star Wars on Saturday! But that was Ethan and I. April and I are more likely to watch Criminal Minds for a Marathon.

May 31, 2011

like i said on twitter, i can’t wait for my kids to show some interest in star wars. ESB is one of my all time favs.

• mo

May 31, 2011

Congrat! Yeah, my wife and I sat and watched (almost) all of the Lord of the Rings trilogy once. It was sweet.

May 31, 2011

thanks! we had to do it pre-babies…. otherwise watching 8-9 hrs worth of movies ain’t gonna happen in one sitting. unless it’s Dora or Diego… then the kids would watch. :)

May 31, 2011

Congrats Dustin & Jen! I have personally had several all-day marathons. BTTF (of course). Lord of the Rings. Jo & I have never had one, although I would suspect it would a Bourne or a DieHard one if we did. We have watched several hours of NCIS at one sitting.

May 31, 2011

Oooo, a Bourne marathon would be awesome. We love those. BTTF, really??? :)

May 31, 2011

Congrats to you and Jen. I would love to hear the shark story someday.

I also watched LOTR Special Extended Edition on one sitting. All 8 hours of it. Oh, there were some bathroom brakes in between and a Prescious impersonation between movies.

Moe,

As long as your “Precious” impersonations didn’t take place in the bathrooms during the breaks…

A little creepy, there.

May 31, 2011

I hope you had at least a couple bathroom breaks… that would be impressive if not!

Re: the Shark story. We were snorkeling off the coast of Antigua (1 yr anniversary). We got a little sidetracked by the pretty fish I guess, because we ended up far off from our boat. We saw a bull shark and freaked out. We were grateful that he/she didn’t chase us back…. LOL. :)

May 31, 2011

That’s it? I thought there were some biting attempt, some punches thrown and perhaps a scar to show. You over-hyped that story. I suggest you rewrite that bullet from “almost got eaten by a shark” to “saw a bull shark” :)

May 31, 2011

Should I mention that we were 12 inches from it and we saw it open it’s eyeball and stare us down?

May 31, 2011

I live in New York, I always have thugs looking at me with their eyeballs and stare me down. No punches thrown, no story! GA softies! LOL.

May 31, 2011

Point taken. I’ll make sure you hit the shark in the kidney the next time he looks at my wife like that. :)

May 31, 2011

Shark don’t have kidneys. Everybody knows that! (kidding)

*sorry for hijacking your post with these pointless comments. I’ll stop now I promise!

May 31, 2011

I say Dustin tells us the story over the grill, while grillin’ said shark. Now THAT story would have some substance, and it would taste good too.

• Mark Wicks

Congrats!

May 31, 2011

Lord of the Rings marathon? Jen is such a KEEPER!!

Whoever finds a cool wife finds a great thing, indeed!

Blessings upon blessings, D, to you and Casa Valencia, in the mighty Name of Jesus our King!

May 31, 2011

And, catch this…. it was HER idea!! :)

Thanks, D!

May 31, 2011

Well, she did get owned by the ring too. Maybe she wanted to see how Gollum dealt with it, so she can learn to deal with you. LOL! :D~

Moe,

So are you saying Jen needs to fall into a volcano? wow. I don’t see encouragement as your strong point anymore, Moe. LOL! Jokes…

• Jason

Congrats man!

As for movie marathons…I once watched the first three Indiana Jones films at one time. That was pretty heavy on adrenaline generation.

May 31, 2011

thanks, Jason…. Oh man, I would love to to do that re: Indiana Jones. The Last Crusade was my fav — wasn’t a huge fan of the 4th/latest one.

• Tom

May 31, 2011

Congrats! You two have covered a lot of ground in six short years! Excited to see your impact in the future. Nope, never done an all day movie marathon. I have probably spent a full day on College Football but my wife probably wasn’t there for all of it…

May 31, 2011

Tom, you live in the south. A full day of college football is nearly a requirement for every Saturday in the fall. :)

May 31, 2011

The Office! My son-in-law when first dating our daughter said it was a show that we would JUST LOVE and so we rented the first 3 seasons and watched everyone of them! Great memories of the show and of him when we were first getting to know him. Greg and I have also been known to do a Star trek next generation marathon – we own all 7 seasons. And Gilmore girls too – and we own the BBC of Pride and Prejudice – fun stuff. We also own Band of brothers and From the earth to the moon. Oh yeah – we do them all!

May 31, 2011

Nice!! The Office is hilarious…. although my wife doesn’t think it’s that funny. :) But, I loved Band of Brothers. I watched those in college for the first time, and I could watch those over and over again.

Congrats on 6 years bud!

As for movie marathons…I’m more of a TV show marathon kind of guy. I’ve done:
    – House Marathon
    – Psych Marathon
    – Smallville Marathon
    – Prison Break Marathon

And, as for movies – Back to the Future marathon

May 31, 2011

Thanks!! I’ve heard good things about Prison Break… especially season 1. May need to look into that.

May 31, 2011

Congrats to you and Jen!! :)

As others have said, we haven’t had a movie marathon, but we have had a tv show marathon with The Office and How I Met Your Mother. But, we usually have to watch it in blocks of time rather than an entire day, because of the kids. :( Before we had kids, we did have a Band of Brothers marathon. I think that was the best way to watch that mini-series. We keep saying we are going to watch Pacific, but haven’t had the time yet.

Last year was our 10th wedding anniversary. We went to Hawaii a month prior, so we didn’t have a trip planned, but had intended to do a day trip around Seattle sans kids. Unfortunately, we both got sick so we decided to do an at home movie marathon, but neither of us could stay awake because we weren’t feeling good. We’re so old!

June 1, 2011

Yeah, marathons aren’t really happening for us with kids. We are, however, watching Lost right now for the first time. We’ll pop in the DVD around 9:30 and watch an episode or two. There have been nights where we’ll watch until 1-2AM because we get sucked in…. and we pay for it in the morning. :)

May 31, 2011

Awesome man. Congrats on the 6 years. My wife and I celebrate 5 years this Friday!

June 1, 2011

Nice, an early congrats to you guys as well!

May 31, 2011

Congrats brotha-man! I love love!

I did an all-day marathons with Lord of the Rings. I also did it when Matrix 3 came out. We watched the first two at home, then went out to watch the 3rd in the theater.

June 1, 2011

Ahh, forgot about the Matrix. Wasn’t a fan of the third one (like most folks), but I’d enjoy watching all back-to-back-to-back.

Thanks, Tony!

• Joseph

Congrats on 6 years!

We’ve never had a all day marathon. But I’ve been thinking of having one. Not sure what it would be on though.

Thanks, Joseph!

June 1, 2011

And btw, do it before your baby is born. :)

May 31, 2011

Congrats to you and Jen! :)

I don’t think I’ve done it with movies, but I definitely had a few all day T.V. marathons. The shows I can think of are: LOST, Modern Family season 1, and Parks and Recreation.

June 1, 2011

Sweet, seems like TV shows are what most are saying. Thanks, jon!

May 31, 2011

I think this is the only time I will use this….

O.M.G!!!

you have had a lord of the rings all day marathon with your wife?!!!!

I’m so freakin jealous right now….lol

I’ve had a star wars marathon…awesome!

congrats on 6 years…

June 1, 2011

LOL….. I know, it was amazing! :)

Congrats :-)

All day movie marathon? My oldest daughter and I will be doing the Harry Potters one week this summer, it’s going to be awesome.

June 1, 2011

We’re Harry Potter fans as well – Jen’s read all the books, I’ve read the first three or four. But, yeah, we’ll be in line in mid-July when it comes out…. we may or may not be in costume.

• jenn

May 31, 2011

Okay, you and your wife are my new heros. I can’t even imagine running a marathon. I want to run a half marathon, but I don’t think I’ll ever work up to a full marathon. That’s awesome.

Congrats on six years. That’s pretty awesome too. :)

thanks, jenn!

i don’t think we’ll ever do a marathon again (i actually ended up hurting my knee during the race and had to have minor surgery a few months later). but, we love half-marathons (we did Nashville a year ago) and are planning on doing the inaugural Savannah rock-n-roll half-marathon in November. It’s been a good way for us to do/accomplish something together as a couple…

June 1, 2011

I remember doing all day movie marathons during the summer when I was in middle school. But I can’t remember what the movies were. Oh well.

June 1, 2011

During middle school for me, it was probably Saved by the Bell. All. Day. Long. :)

• Larry Hehn

June 1, 2011

Congratulations, Dustin and Jen!

We’ve done a Pirates of the Caribbean marathon. That was a lot of fun!

June 1, 2011

Thanks! And the new one is out now so you’ll have to do it ALL over again! :)

• Jk Allen

June 2, 2011

I’m late…but I had to give you a congrats on your anniversary! I hope the week is going well for you Dustin!

June 2, 2011

Thanks man! I appreciate that!

June 5, 2011