One Word 365: Move

I am forecasting numbers all the time — sales at work, goals at home, etc. Most would agree that it is wise to look ahead and see where you want to go. As part of the One Word 365 Community I wanted to chose a single word to focus on this year.

As I reflected back on my previous 365 days, words like ‘intentional’, ‘family’, and ‘transparent’ came to mind.

As I look forward, I feel I need to get back to the basics. To reach any sort of destination, I need to move.

Personally, movement for me may involve guarding my family’s hearts, curbing indecision, or disciplining myself with exercise. All involve moving from one place to another. All need movement on my part.

But I also want to remember an important thing: it’s not about me.

So on top of that, my prayer is that God would move in my heart to lead my family, to prefer others, and to give me a greater passion to know Him more. I want/need/desire God to move in my heart.

What word do you want to focus on in 2012?

• Tom

January 3, 2012

Well, I am not a part of the one word community, at least not knowingly. A friend of mine has had me doing this on her blog for this is the third year now and the focus and God’s hand in them has been amazing. Like most things in my life it seems my indecision makes me choose two words…I too have used intentional and faithful in the past. This year’s words sound churchy on the surface but I have chosen to learn to be righteous and devout as God has intended for me. I will look forward to how these two words reveal His meaning to me this year. Blessings to you as you move!

• Rob Shepherd

January 3, 2012

Can I have two words? Fear not. I’m wrestling with fear over some decisions that I need to make. I feel God is leading me but I’m afraid. My words are fear not.

January 4, 2012

So good. Puts the ball in God’s court!

January 4, 2012

Thanks Tom for the comment – love those two words. I can relate!

January 3, 2012

I just wrote mine up. :)

For me it’s deeper . I want to go deeper in my walk. I believe that word keeps speaking to me, and I’m so ready to see what 2012 has in store.

January 4, 2012

Awesome. Will read your post today…exciting!

January 3, 2012

I actually just finished writing my One Word post to publish tomorrow – and it’s one that is bringing me to tears. My One Word for 2012, after wrestling with God because I thought it was too prideful or my own desire or anything but Him, is Favor. God’s favor. That doors will be opened that have seemed sealed shut for years, that blessings I have never seen before will flow and that I will stand back as God achieves in seconds what I have been trying to do for years.

It’s very humbling.

January 4, 2012

I’m anxious to read it, Jason. After getting to know you this past year ‘faithful’ came to mind… But I like your ’12 word also. :)

• Amy Nabors

January 3, 2012

Great word. In 2009 mine was similar-Active. Ths year my word is sufficient.

January 4, 2012

Sufficient=so good. He is and always will be just that!

• Jon Stolpe

Thanks for the idea!

My word is transformed. I want to be transformed (and stretched) in 2012.

January 4, 2012

Cool. Transformed is something I believe we can all relate too — a new creation, indeed!

• chris vonada

good word, I like move!

my oneword is Believe

January 4, 2012

Nice! Did you happen to write a post about Believe?

• moe

January 4, 2012

Move is a good word. It’s a verb. It demands action and sharp focus. I’m hoping that God moves in you in a glorious way this year. I also pray that it becomes contagious and people around you want and desire the same Spirit in which allows the “move” to begin in the first place.

Oh, and I hope your soundtrack to your word is this one: http://mvivas.me/D3Gf

January 5, 2012

A little birdie told me that there is a video of you “movin’ it” somewhere out there…. :)

January 7, 2012

Nah. That’s just ridiculous. Who do you think I am? You? :)

• Justin

January 4, 2012

Great word, Dustin. Move, moving, movement – all require a choice to do so. Happy New Year, my friend!

January 5, 2012

Thanks, Justin – same to you!

January 4, 2012

The only word for me at this point is Jesus.

January 5, 2012

Can’t argue with you there!

January 14, 2012

“Move” sounds like it will be a great word for you in 2012.

In 2012 I want to focus on the word “Write”. I have a lot of dreams and goals when it comes to writing and blogging, but all of them will be in vain if I don’t sit my butt down in a chair, shutout distractions and crank out the words.

Was great to chat w/ you via Skype on Friday. Hope you enjoy the 3 day weekend with the family.

January 27, 2012

My goal for the year is to better myself. In faith, health, and so on. I am going through each of the areas now on my blog.

Move is a good one. I also want to see God working in my life, and my family this year.

• Pingback: 6 Quick Updates from My New Coffee Spot | AbrahamChronicles.com