God Never Left Me

When you have five minutes today, watch the following video: The Story of Harlee Lowder.

In it, she shares her story–one of a surprising divorce, gut-wrenching pain, and a traumatic event that changed her life.

Despite all that happened, she knew God never left her (her exact words!).

Wow.

That is great in theory, but would I be able to say the same if something like that happened me?

Multiple times in Scripture we are reminded that God will never leave us (Deut 31:8; Josh 1:5Heb 13:5).

Let us remember today that God’s word does not return voidHis word is truth.

And like Harlee reminded us: No matter the situation, He is there for you.

HT: POTSC

When have you clung to God’s truth even when your circumstance was telling you otherwise?

October 25, 2011

Every day of the past 3 years. My circumstances say I should have lost my house and gone bankrupt 2 years ago, as I have not made enough to pay my meager bills since the end of 2008 and yet, God has taken care of me. Sometimes it’s not until the very last second when it seems like I will default on some of my bills (again, just mortgage, utilities, food, gas and student loan. That’s it), but He has always pulled through.

I’m ready to make enough to live on again though.

October 26, 2011

Hang in there, Jason. I appreciate your faithfulness in this season. It is evident and encouraging.

October 25, 2011

sitting in the hospital bed…waiting for some procedures to help lower my heart rate down that was beating way too fast above the norm…

i was 17…dang..nearly 12 years ago! WOW!…

God is Amazingly good…

October 26, 2011

Wow… 12 years later and still doin’ your thing! Good, indeed!

• Dan Black

October 25, 2011

This was an amazing video. The circumstances I’m going through right now requires put my faith in Him even more than ever. I’m relying on God’s words and truth even more than ever. Great post.

October 26, 2011

Thanks for the comment, Dan. Relying on God’s truth is worth it!

• Rob Shepherd

October 25, 2011

Wow! For me it was when we were told we couldn’t get pregnant and then did. I knew it was God’s miracle. I never expected my wife to miscarry. When she did it was shocking. Even though I didn’t understand I knew that God was with me.

October 26, 2011

What a cool testimony. And look at you now… twins. :)
      Did you write a post(s) about that? Thanks for sharing, Rob.

October 25, 2011

When God first saved me, there was this fear that went over me. Not sure why, but I just couldn’t be by myself. I spent most days sleeping over friends’ apartments. Then one day, God spoke to me through Hebrews 13:5 and it was as if God was telling me, “This is yours”. He will never leave me nor forsake me. I’ve been running with that ever since without fear.

Come to think of it, this post is a reminder of something that I need to do. He is with me, and I rather fail with God than succeed without Him.

October 26, 2011

I’m reminded of Jn 16:33: ““I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”

He has overcome. Something worth clinging onto.

October 25, 2011

“That story didn’t discard my dreams, they’re intertwined.” Wow! THIS is the healing power of Jesus Christ. That He can take something so horrific and make into something useful, for His glory alone.

What an amazing story. Thank you for sharing this, Dustin. Even though I’m just watching it online, I can see that Harlee is whole again and she does have the peace that only He can give. Most people in these types of circumstances turn to a life of regret-abuse others, addictions, hurt. The fact that God spared her from all of that is truly inspirational.

I’ve never had anything horrific like that happen to me. But, I have known some real and deep hurts in my life that I wouldn’t wish on anyone. I’m learning how to share that hurt with others as part of the healing. As Harlee says, this is how we can help eachother to heal and grow. Beautiful!

October 26, 2011

Agreed! As I first watched the video I thought, “Wow… would I be able to do that?” Like you’ve I’ve never experienced anything like that, but all the same, I want to be able to share with others my own brokenness… all for His glory.

• Matilda

November 17, 2016

That saves me. Thanks for being so sebnesli!

• bank kredit goturmek

February 8, 2017

Dreambes, sérieux, tu souilles le nom de Ulver rien qu’en mettant ton casque sur les oreilles pour l’écouter. Tu calcules rien, t’es pas inteligent. Je pige pas comment on peu etre autant limité et écouter du son aussi bon. BrefCe chilhoods end est pour moi une réussite totale…..surtt si on le compare a wars of the rose…

• #27: That there are loons in the ranks of the rank ronulans does not excuse the stupidity of insulting and driving away the votes that they represent. Just because the idea or position comes from a ronulan does not automatically make it bad, yet that was the message that the R leadership shoved down their throats, the situation should have been handled much more delicately. Had they done so, the discussion would likely be different today.

• jenn

October 25, 2011

Wow. I think it’s amazing that Harlee has the strength and courage to tell her story to others. What an amazing testimony.

October 26, 2011

Wasn’t it? That’s the thing – she believes that it’s all intertwined and has the confidence to share despite all that happens. That’s awesome.

October 25, 2011

I can honestly say that over the last 3 years there have been plenty of times that I have clung even though circumstance have told me other – I can say with confidence that God has never left me. Thanks for sharing this.

October 26, 2011

Awesome. You’re welcome. Thanks, Jim.

October 25, 2011

Through a period of depression several years ago–it was tough, but God was there.

Thanks for sharing Matt.

• jbussell

October 25, 2011

When I led a group of guys to Mali earlier this year. There was a lot of unrest in the region and we left a few weeks after Bin Laden was killed. I really had to rely of God to calm me down and help me make decisions.

My wife is going in December and someone recently told her “I would rather by in a dangerous place inside the Will of God, than in a safe place outside of His Will.”

October 26, 2011

Wow, talk about trust. I’d love to read more about that trip- did you blog about it?

• jbussell

October 26, 2011

I blogged a little bit about my first trip. After my second trip I didn’t, but I’m not sure why. Below is the path to my posts labeled Africa. A few of them are not specifically about my trip, but a few are. I also noticed I have a few drafts that I never posted about one of my trips. Maybe I will go back through my Moleskine and post some thoughts about it. My wife is going in December so I may have her post some of her thoughts when she returns.

October 26, 2011

Great, thanks for the link Jeremy

October 26, 2011

Great story Dustin. Not much more to add to what the others have said. When I lost my job several years ago, I had a peace that I cannot explain. I now know it was exactly what Harlee is talking about. Thanks for sharing this.

October 26, 2011

You’re welcome, Bill. I’m grateful for that His peace “which transcends all understanding” also.

• Tom

October 26, 2011

In times of lack of clarity or feeling like God hasn’t given me specific direction or next step. I struggle with patience but know that He is there, He is at work and His will will be done.
    Thanks Dustin!

>>> “He is at work…”

Exactly!

October 26, 2011

So powerful. For me about 3 years ago during a difficult personal situation that threatened to break me. Clearly – it was all part of God’s plan and purpose for me to experience and taste regret, hurt and pain – but I did not see it at the time.

• Harlee Lowder

May 27, 2013

Hey Dustin. It’s me, Harlee from the video! I’m just now seeing that this was posted 19 months ago! It’s amazing how far good news can travel. I’ve been doing great and it’s beautiful to see that God used my life to touch others. Have a great day! Thanks for posting my video :)