First off, thank you!
Thank you dear reader for faithfully reading this simple blog. Thank you for participating in the conversation and bringing your voice. It matters. You matter.
Today marks an important milestone here at Abraham Chronicles. It’s blog post #100!
On January 6th of this year, I started on this journey not knowing where it will take me. More than eight months later, I am more than grateful for the opportunity to share in this journey with each and every once of you. I’ve had another child, gone through a career change, and learned a lot about living with intentionality. And you have been there the entire time. Thank you!
I do not take your readership lightly. I may click the “publish” button, but it’s you who contributes in to building this community.
To celebrate, I have a $50 Amazon Gift Card to give away for free! Gratis! Gratuit! 免费!
I first read Chasing Daylight last fall and instantly coded it as one my favorites. McManus writes about ‘seizing God moments’ and following your passions. One of my favorite quotes from the book, “If you’re passionate about God, you can trust your passions.” I am certain you’ll love it too.
In college a friend of mind told me about Shane and Shane – this duo of worship leaders from Texas captive you with their heartfelt lyrics and synchronous melodies. Psalms is one of their early albums that is a collection of songs that are inspired by Psalms in the Bible. You’ll listen to the entire album knowing that the Shanes genuinely poured their hearts and souls into each and every song. Fact: You will put Track 6, Psalm 145, on repeat.
There you have it. Two of my absolute favorites–two resources that have sharpened and refined my faith in countless ways. Even if you don’t win, I hope you will check them out–they will always be on the top of my list.
Now, the contest! Here’s how to enter:
1. Leave a comment on this post with an answer to the question, “What is your favorite book and your favorite album?”
2. Twitter a link to this post mentioning “@dustinv” and this link: http://cl.ly/9lvA . If you don’t have a Twitter account, you can use Facebook. You can write your own or use this example. “Win a $50 Amazon giftcard (and more!) on @dustinv’s blog http://cl.ly/9lvA”.
3. On Friday, September, 2nd (2:00 PM EST) I’ll will pick the winners (via Random.org). I’ll announce them the on Friday and you can email your address if you’re one of the winners.
Update: Contest is over. Thank you for participating. Below are the winners:
1. $50 Amazon gift card: Jason Wert (@JCWert) – http://cl.ly/9oG4
2. Chasing Daylight by Erwin McManus: Andy Darnell (@andydarnell) – http://cl.ly/9odR
3. “Psalms” by Shane & Shane: Mo (@mohan37) – http://cl.ly/9oAd
If you won, I’ll be in touch via e-mail and/or Twitter. Thanks again!